When some of the bridesmaids are plus-sized, it is equally important to make sure that they are comfortable in their bridesmaid dresses. If you are looking for dresses for your full-figured bridesmaids then you need to pick the right styles that will help them stay comfortable and look charming. Here are tips for choosing bridesmaid dresses for plus size women:
☆ Step 1:
Choose a dress that flatters. Find a dress that look flattering on your plus size bridesmaids is very important. It is a good idea to select a dress style with a shawl or has sleeves of some sort. Full figured women usually are not willing to show their arms(if you are getting married in summer, opt for dresses designed with cap sleeves). Choose empire waist dresses and styles with A line skirts are perfect for full figured bridesmaids. When it comes to choosing the length, the ideal hem for most plus size women is right below the knees, which creates a longer, leaner look. Your full figured bridesmaids will be thankful if you choose dresses with belt, sash or other details that can take attention away from their their bad body parts.
☆ Step 2:
Consider fabrics. Before you look at the styles in plus size bridesmaid dresses, here are the details of fabrics that you must opt for. Fabrics play a major role in the pattern of a dress and the way it fits on your body. Fabrics like lace, chiffon, silk, georgette and sheath satin are lovely picks for fuller figures.
☆ Step 3:
Go with variety. If not all of your bridesmaids are a plus size, you can pick the dresses versions. As with any other dress, there are certain features and details that accentuate a woman’s unique figure. Giving each of your bridesmaids the option to choose what style of dress to wear gives her the opportunity to feel the most comfortable and confident on your wedding day. As soon as choosing good colors, try to avoid dazzling colors like green, scorching green together with orange.
☆ Step 4:
Select simple bridesmaid dress styles. Dresses with complex designs or busy patterns make a plus size woman appear bigger. When picking the right colors, stay away from bright shades like yellow, hot pink and orange.
☆ Step 5:
If you’re really having difficulty finding a dress for your plus size bridesmaids, one increasingly popular alternative is to tell give them the color they need to match so that they can select a dress that they like instead. You can refer them to a particular store or give them other specific parameters if you want to have some measure of uniformity to your entourage’s appearance.
What You Need to Know
- Shop early and look for several options before picking a dress for plus sized bridesmaids. You’ll need extra time for alterations.
- The size and selection of the dress shouldn’t be based on any one body type. Go with variety in the absence of a good option.
- Bridal shops and online stores that specialize in larger sizes are going to be your best bet for finding plus size bridesmaid dresses that are stylish and modern.
- Choose darker colors for your bridesmaids to wear. This will allow plus size bridesmaid to feel more comfortable as darker colors tend to give more of a slimming appearance.
- If a bridesmaid doesn’t feel comfortable in her bridesmaid dress, offer to go shopping with her for shape wear, which can smooth out any figure (not just plus size).